Parenting Agreement & Child Custody Lawyer Gold Coast
When you’re going through a separation or divorce in Queensland and making decisions about time with children, the best interests of your child(ren) are paramount. Parenting agreements, orders, and plans can help separated parents navigate the challenges of raising children. Written, detailed documents can also offer clarity on expectations and responsibilities with childcare arrangements. Parenting agreements lawyers provide you with understanding, empathy, and compassion while also giving you strategic and pragmatic advice to guide you in the decisions you make towards achieving the best outcome for you and your family.
Parenting and Child Custody
Our team of Parenting Agreements Lawyers Qld assists parents every day in the complex area of parenting orders and time arrangements with children . We can advise and help you to expedite solution which focuses on your children’s best interests.
- Top-rated lawyers
- Transparent fee structure
At The Legal House, our Parenting Agreements Lawyers Qld draft legally binding documents which encompass:
- How many nights in the home of each parent
- The child/children’s name
- Who will make decisions about major issues such as religion, schooling etc.
- How will the parents communicate
- What happens when the child/ children get sick
- Birthdays, Christmas, overseas travel arrangements, and holidays
A parenting plan is a written, but not legally binding document that sets out the parenting arrangements for the child/children. A parenting plan, sets out the time arrangements between the child/children and their parents. It can also describe the dispute resolution process in case there is a disagreement about the content of the plan
Some matters addressed by the parenting plan include:
- The allocation of parental responsibility
- Time arrangements between the child/children and parents
- The person with whom they will spend time and communicate
- The care, welfare, and development of a child/children
When the parents agree about time etc., we can draft documents called consent orders. The documents are to the Court and they make the agreement enforceable. If you don’t agree, then you are leaving the decision to a Judge, who will make the decision about what is your child/children’s best interest after hearing all the evidence put forward. Both orders made by consent and issued by a Judge without consent are legally binding, and if the Orders are contravened, the court imposes a penalty.
The best interests of your child/children
The primary consideration in family law is ensuring the best interest of your child/children. Our family lawyers will have regard for the children’s best interests always while advising you on the most appropriate parenting arrangement for you and your family.
We need to consider the following factors when considering the children or child’s best interest:
- The benefit to the child/children having a meaningful relationship with both the parents.
- The attitude to the child and to the responsibilities of parenthood, demonstrated by each of the parents.
- The need to protect the child/ children from physical and/or psychological harm from being subjected to family violence.
- The views expressed by the child/ children (depending on their maturity and age)
- The willingness of the parents to encourage a relationship between the child/children and other parent.
By choosing The Legal House, you choose a law firm experienced in drafting parenting agreements and dispute resolution in Qld. Our lawyers understand the impact that parenting disputes have on children, so focus on helping you resolve the dispute as quickly as possible.
If you are going through a separation or divorce, please contact the family lawyers at The Legal House to create a plan that works best for the unique needs of your family.
Get To Know Our Practicing Lawyers
At the heart of our legal practice, you’ll find a team of exceptional family lawyers. Our commitment is unwavering: to stand by our clients through every step. Whether it’s through advising with insight, negotiating with finesse, mediating with sensitivity, or litigating with determination, we’re here to safeguard your interests. We blend expertise with empathy, ensuring that your journey through legal challenges is as smooth as possible.
Founder & Solicitor